The VidaCann assistance program is a fund set aside for VidaCann customers. Acceptance into this program is approved on a case by case basis considering, but not exclusively, financial data as well as personal hardships. We are aware that finances and situations can change quickly and having a loved one with a complicated medical condition can be an added stress on your finances.
Upcoming Application Deadlines:
Online application will be available until 5/15/19
You will be notified of Realm Cares Council decisions no sooner than 6/15/19
or call 719-347-5400 x102
Be sure to add the following to your email address book so you'll receive any important updates:
The goal of the VidaCann assistance program is to help alleviate part of the financial strain associated with trying a therapy not covered by your insurance. Family assistance will be a monthly discount amount. Recipients may remain in the program for up to twelve (12) months if they comply with the Terms and Conditions.
View Full Terms & Conditions
VidaCann Assistance FAQ
How to Apply
Ways to Submit Supporting Documents
- Due to the high number of applicants, only online applications will be accepted; you must be logged in as a client to complete the application.
- In addition to the application, we require these supporting documents: (1) proof of familial household income (all that apply, ie. job income, social security, disability and/or retirement benefits, child support), (2) copy of most recent tax return (if filed, front page with adjusted gross income/ net benefits listed), and (3) one copy of the client's and applicant's ID (ie. birth certificate, social security card or government issued picture ID)
Important Terms to Understand
You can provide supporting documents:
- Using the online application
- Fax to 719.347.5400
- Mail them to our office:
Realm of Caring Foundation
Attn: Realm Cares Program
Colorado Springs, CO 80907
- Client: The individual using cannabinoid therapy
- Grantee: The individual who will purchase product using the VidaCann assistance program. If the client is under age 18, the parent/guardian must complete the application and act as the Grantee. If the client is over age 18 but unable to complete the application, the parent/guardian may act as the applicant and may, but is not required to, act as the Grantee.
- Approved Product: Refers only to: All products sold in VidaCann dispensaries.
- Supporting Documents:The required supporting documents include: proof of familial household income, copy of most recent tax return (if filed, front page with adjusted gross income/net benefits listed), and one copy of the client's and applicant's ID (ie. birth certificate, social security card or government issued picture ID)
You are about to proceed to the application. If you are not yet logged in to your client portal account, selecting "Apply Now" will take you to the login screen.
We recommend completing the application on a computer as you may experience difficulty on a tablet or smartphone.
I've Been Accepted...What's Next?
1We will send you an acceptance letter and Terms and Conditions to sign.
2After we receive the signed Terms and Conditions, the first subsidy will be issued at the beginning of the following month. Subsidies will be disbursed on a monthly basis, no later than the first Tuesday of the month.
3Talk to the Care Team! They are here to discuss product options, dosing, and administration. Be sure to tell them you're part of the VidaCann assistance program.
4It's your responsibility to make sure you comply with the program's Terms and Conditions.
- Every January, March, June, and September we will ask you to complete an Impact Report. We appreciate your thoughtful responses so we can use impactful statements to continue funding this program. We'll also check proof of income and receipts at this time.
VidaCann Assistance FAQ
Who can apply for VidaCann assistance?
If you’ve created a RoC Client Portal account(by signing up, it’s free!), and are (or plan to be) using one of the products that VidaCann sells, then you can apply. Multiple members of the same family may apply using separate applications. We continually break our previous record of the number of applicants per quarter, so be sure to also consider if you can garner help from your family, friends, or fund-raisers.
Previous assistance recipients are not eligible to reapply.
For how long can I receive financial aid?
If you’re accepted, you may remain in the program for up to one year, if you comply with our Terms and Conditions.
I submitted my application, when will I hear back?
The Realm Cares Council reviews applications on a biannual basis, as listed above. You will hear back from the council within one month of the application deadline, via email (so check your Spam/Junk folder just in case).
Can I opt out of the program at any time?
Yes, if you no longer need or want the assistance, please let us know and you will be removed from the program. You may reapply if needed, but we cannot guarantee re-entry.
If accepted, how much will I receive?
The council determines the assistance amount based a number of factors, such as the clients’ diagnoses, financial information, and weight. Assistance amounts can vary between $50 and $150 per month.
Who is part of the Realm Cares Council that makes the decision on the process?
The Realm Cares Council is comprised of compassionate, caring people who are familiar with the daily struggles that occur when chronic, debilitating conditions impact a family or individual. Currently, the council consists of a parent of a child who is medically complex, a RoC staff member, and a community member- one involved in the medical cannabis field, and the other in home healthcare.