Realm Cares is a fund set aside for clients on products that the RoC supports. Acceptance into this program is approved on a case by case basis considering, but not exclusively, financial data as well as personal hardships. We are aware that finances and situations can change quickly and having a loved one with a complicated medical condition can be an added stress on your finances.
Application Deadlines for 2017:(The Council will notify applicants within one month of the deadline date.)
Be sure to add the following to your email address book so you'll receive any important updates:
The goal of Realm Cares™ is to help alleviate part of the financial strain associated with trying a therapy not covered by your insurance (not to cover the cost entirely). Family assistance grants will be a monthly dollar amount, directly deposited into the recipient's bank account, for an individual or family to utilize as they see fit to help offset the costs of cannabinoid therapy. Recipients may remain in the program for up to two years if they comply with the Terms and Conditions.
Realm Cares FAQ
How to Apply
- Due to the high number of applicants, only online applications will be accepted; you must be logged in as a client to complete the application.
- In addition to the application, we require these supporting documents: (1) proof of familial household income (all that apply, ie. job income, social security, disability and/or retirement benefits, child support), (2) copy of most recent tax return (if filed, front page with adjusted gross income/ net benefits listed), and (3) one copy of the client's and applicant's ID (ie. birth certificate, social security card or government issued picture ID)
You can provide supporting documents:
- Using the online application
- Fax to 719.347.5400
- Mail them to our office:
- Realm of Caring Foundation
Attn: Realm Cares Program
3515 N. Chestnut St.
Colorado Springs, CO 80907
- Client: The individual using cannabinoid therapy
- Grantee: The individual whose bank account will receive the direct deposit. If the client is under age 18, the parent/guardian must complete the application and act as the Grantee. If the client is over age 18 but unable to complete the application, the parent/guardian may act as the applicant and may, but is not required to, act as the Grantee.
- Approved Product: Refers only to: CW Hemp Everyday Advanced (100mL only), Mary’s Medicinals, Mary’s Nutritionals, THC/THC-A from Stanley Brothers (CO) or Canniatric (California) unless the Realm Cares Council has communicated otherwise.
- Supporting Documents:The required supporting documents include: proof of familial household income, copy of most recent tax return (if filed, front page with adjusted gross income/net benefits listed), and one copy of the client's and applicant's ID (ie. birth certificate, social security card or government issued picture ID)
You must be logged in as a client to complete the application. If you are not logged in, selecting "Apply Now" will take you to the login screen. Please note that it is not recommended to complete this application on a tablet or smartphone.Apply Online
I've Been Accepted...What's Next?
1We will send you an acceptance letter and Terms and Conditions to sign. We'll require the Grantee's SSN for tax purposes, as well as banking information to set-up direct deposits.
2After we receive the signed Terms and Conditions, the first grant will be issued at the beginning of the following month! Grants will be deposited on a monthly basis, no later than the first Tuesday of the month.
3Talk to the Care Team! They are here to discuss product options, dosing and administration. Be sure to tell them you're part of the Realm Cares program.
4It's your responsibility to make sure you comply with rules and read our monthly letter- "Staying in Touch" with Realm Cares- so you won't be at risk of dismissal. Feel free to contact us anytime if you're unsure of your standing in the program.
- Within 30 days of signing the Terms and Conditions, you are required to enroll in RoC's Observational Research Registry and complete the baseline survey. This will take approximately an hour to complete. Every three months, you'll receive an email notification to fill out follow-up surveys for the ORR.
- Every six months, you'll be sent an email with a link to the Impact Report (6-month reviews) to complete. We appreciate your thoughtful responses so we can use impactful statements to continue funding this program. We'll also check proof of income at this time.
Realm Cares FAQ
Who can apply for Realm Cares Financial Aid?
If you’ve created a RoC Client Portal (by signing up, it’s free!), and are (or plan to be) using one of the products that RoC supports, then you can apply for Realm Cares. Multiple members of the same family may apply, using separate applications. We continually break our previous record of number of applicants per quarter, so be sure to also consider if you can garner help from your family, friends, or fund-raisers.
At this time, we cannot accept applications from outside of the United States. Applicants must have a Social Security Number and use an American bank.
If I’m accepted, how will I receive the grant money?Most Realm Cares grants are distributed via direct deposit (if you’re accepted, we’ll ask for the grantee’s banking information at that time). However, some clients are chosen to receive coupon codes instead, for products RoC supports the use of. If accepted, you will be notified upon approval of the form of your monthly grant.
For how long can I receive financial aid?If you’re accepted, you may remain in the program for up to two years, if you comply with our Terms and Conditions.
I submitted my application, when will I hear back?The Realm Cares Council reviews applications on a quarterly basis, as listed above. You will hear back from the council within one month of the application deadline, via email (so check your Spam/Junk folder just in case).
Can I opt out of the program at any time?Yes, if you no longer need or want the grant, please let us know and you will be removed from the program. You may reapply if needed, but we cannot guarantee re-entry.
If accepted, how much will I receive?The council determines the grant amount based a number of factors, such as the clients’ diagnoses, financial information, and weight. Grant amounts are usually between $50 and $150 per month.
What if I don’t file taxes? Do I have to claim this on my taxes?If you don’t file taxes, it will not eliminate your application. In compliance with IRS Publication 3833: Disaster Relief, recipients do not need to file Realm Cares grants on their taxes, and therefore it should not affect your social security or disability benefits.
Do I have to only use the products you support?To ensure that we make the most of these precious funds, we do require that you use at least one of the products we support. “Approved cannabinoid products” refers only to: CW Hemp Everyday Advanced (100mL only), Mary’s Medicinals, Mary’s Nutritionals, THC/THC-A from Stanley Brothers brand (select locations) or Canniatric (California) unless the Realm Cares Council has communicated otherwise.
How is this program funded? What happens if you do not have funds?Realm Cares is funded by donations, and unfortunately, sometimes we don’t have enough funds to accept new applicants at the time of a review. If this is the case, you will be notified, and we will hold your application until we have enough funds to hold a review.
Who is part of the Realm Cares Council that makes the decision on the process?The Realm Cares Council is comprised of compassionate, caring people who are familiar with the daily struggles that occur when chronic, debilitating conditions impact a family or individual. Currently, the council consists of a parent of a child who is medically complex, a RoC staff member, and two community members- one involved in the medical cannabis field, and the other in home healthcare.